David Deane Real Estate Pty Ltd is committed to client service and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of 13 Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.daviddeane.com.au and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time; all you need to do is let us know.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by such third party.
While the David Deane Real Estate website may contain links to other websites, David Deane Real Estate cannot be held responsible for any data contained within those sites.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
David Deane Real Estate Pty Ltd (ACN 151 700 702) trading as David Deane Real Estate is committed to protecting your privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This document sets out David Deane Real Estate’s Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice contains information about how you can complain about any breach by David Deane Real Estate of the APPs or an applicable APP Code.
Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with David Deane Real Estate, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you;
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you;
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Trades people engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real estate websites;
- Real estate peak bodies;
- Web based data storage and information bodies.
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
In the event that you do not agree with David Deane Real Estate collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
Access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that David Deane Real Estate update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information.
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone/facsimile as follows:
2 Dixon Street, Strathpine Qld 4500
PO Box 392, Strathpine Qld 4500
07 3817 6666
07 3881 1233