Before proceeding with logging your maintenance request with our office please refer to this guide first to avoid any unnecessary call outs.
Have you checked your fuse box? There may have been an overload and the safety switch has been activated and needs resetting.
If renting a unit, have you checked with a neighbour? It may be the body corporate that needs to be contacted for action.
There may be a fault in the street. If this is the case, then contact Energex on 13 12 53.
Have you checked if one of your appliances were faulty? Unplug all appliances in the house, then reset the safety switch in the metre box. If the safety switch trips or blows again with nothing plugged in, contact Just Property Management.
If all is well with nothing plugged in, it is likely an appliance is faulty. Once you have unplugged all of your appliances and reset the safety switch, start plugging in your appliances one by one. For example: plug in your fridge and check the safety switch has not clicked off. If the safety switch does click off you know that there is a fault with the fridge and you need to get it repaired. Otherwise disconnect the fridge and plug in the stereo and continue the same process checking all of your appliances until the faulty appliance is located. If the electrician attends to the job and finds the fault is with one of your appliances, you will be charged their call out fee.
No hot water?
Is the hot water system gas or electric? Have you arranged connection of your gas or electricity?
If it is an electric hot water system:
- Have you checked to see if your hot water system needs refilling/topping up? There is normally a copper valve on electric hot water systems and an overflow pipe. This needs to be carried out every six months or so.
- Have you checked the fuse in the metre box? Someone may have turned off the fuse by mistake.
- Have you checked that the water tap on the hot water system itself is turned on?
If it is a gas hot water system:
- Have you checked to see if the pilot light has gone out? Most units are easily relit – follow the instructions normally located on the inside of the system.
- If you have gas cylinders, are they empty?
Lights or power points not working?
Have you checked your fuse box? If there has been an overload the safety switch may need resetting. Refer back to “No Power” above to check each appliances.
Have you replaced the light bulbs (and starters for fluro tubes)?
Stove element not working?
Have you checked the connections to make sure they are not loose or dirty? Sometimes pulling the element out and cleaning them and putting back in again can fix the problem. Please remember to switch off the power to the stove prior to touching the elements.
Some stoves have on/off switches, usually on the wall near the stove.
Have you changed the washers?
If you are still having a problem
You can log your maintenance item in one of the following ways:
- Call our office on (07) 3817 6666;
- Complete a maintenance report form at the office, 2 Dixon St, Strathpine 4500;
- Email your property manager and/or property manager’s assistant;
- Complete an online maintanence request.